Thursday, May 29, 2014

***Review only*** "Falling Stars" by JL Brooks


~Excerpt~

Grant reached his hand out and ran his fingers along my cheek and into the hollow of my throat. A shiver coursed through my body from his gentle touch.
“What on earth could possibly make you cry out like that?”
I dropped my head to look at the ground. I wasn’t ready to share with him the reason I was so shattered.
“It’s a long story. I can’t change it, so I am trying to erase it from my memory.”
Knowing that only a man could be responsible for my anguish, he set out to assist me in my mission to abolish Hunter from my consciousness. Backing me into the counter, he perched me on the surface. Guiding me onto my back, his fingers slid along the edge of my yoga pants and tugged the waist down, along with my panties. Resting on my elbows, I watched in silence as he dragged his lips across my navel and hipbones. Looking up at me, his honey colored eyes flashed with fire.
“I am going to make you scream again, understand?”
~Review~
Falling Stars is about one woman's journey into to finding herself. Lila was a very well known author, making the USA Today and New York best sellers list, but after so many years of writing she realized that writing wasn't the only thing she could live for. When her agent tried to make her write a story about her past, a past that all she wanted to do was to leave it there and not look back. But what happens when the past does not want to be forgotten and it is forced back into to her present. That's what happen once Hunter came back into the picture, he was her first and only love. Things got a little heated between the two but Lila realize that it wasn't meant to be. She made her decision to write her book and met Grant on the way. When I was introduced to Hunter I thought I was in love with him until I met Grant and his little, or might I say, big secret. JL did an excellent job with depicting love lot and gain again with Lila, Hunter and Grant. Here she thought that Hunter was the one, then BAM out of nowhere Grant showed up and made her realize something else. I also loved the fact that even though Lila was going through such emotional turmoil she was still able to keep her playful banter, which I loved.

~Teaser~
~About Author~

JL Brooks is a former columnist turned novelist. What started as a bet changed her entire course in life. With a passion for adventure, she believes everyone has a story to tell. Chances are she will try to convince you to tell yours.

Titles:
Distractions 2013
Rotten- 2013
Stories for Amanda-2013 (Contributor)
Pink Shades of Words-2014 (Contributor)
~Social links~
Twitter- @Authorjlbrooks
Email- Authorjlbrooks@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment